Argonia School Reopening Plan Approved
The Argonia Board of Education met on July 30th and approved the district's School Re-opening Plan. The plan was put together by a committee of teachers, staff, and board members incorporating requirements from both state and county officials as well as guidance published by the Kansas State Board of Education. The entire document is linked below, but some highlights include:
- Students will return to classrooms for live instruction by Argonia teachers; those students unable to return due to health reasons will participate with their regular classroom teacher and peers through livestreaming.
- School buildings have added sanitizer in all classrooms, touchless water dispensers, touchless meal check-in, and additional cleaning requirements.
- All staff, students, and visitors will have temperatures taken daily along with visual symptom checks; anyone with temperatures or other Covid symptoms will be sent home.
- All staff, students, and visitors will be required to wear masks; mask breaks will be taken regularly.
- Social distancing will be practiced as much as possible, including limited locker usage, staggered passing periods, and seating being spread out.
- Student grouping will be practiced as much as possible, including grouped recess and meals.
- In-town bus stops will be discontinued and remaining riders will be distanced.
- Extra-curricular activities will continue following activity association guidelines.
It is extremely important for everyone to understand that these plans are subject to change as new requirements are handed down by the state or county or new information is made available about the best practices for schools to follow. Please contact Superintendent Rustin Clark with any questions. You can send email to email@example.com or call the office at 620-435-6311.